Tuesday 9 December 2014

Everything you need to know about Under Eye Concealing - Colour Concealors

Everything you need to know about Under Eye Concealing - Colour Concealers

In the previous post in this series, we discussed some good products that we'd recommend for Colour Correcting. In this final post, we will discuss the GREATEST products for providing actual coverage to those under eyes!

Step Three - Colour Concealers 

Products at a glance 



Nars Creamy Concealer in Caramel        £22



All time favourite! 

I love this concealer more than any other makeup item I have owned in my life. Yes. That is how deep my love affair for this product goes. One swipe of this and my eye bags are gone! I don't need to use a corrector or a setting powder, one swipe of this super creamy concealer and the job is DONE. The pigmentation on this is insane, and the product itself lasts forever. I use the shade Caramel for under my eyes and Biscuit for the rare occasion I use concealer on my cheeks/forehead/nose. I don't understand how anyone could hate this god send of a product :( 

Buy it, and buy it soon

(for reference, if you're an NC42 Caramel is a perfect match)

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in Nude   £7.99

I would never usually pick something like this of the shelves in Superdrug. I have been let down one too many times by the drugstore when it comes to concealers; they just don't cater for my yellow toned Asian skin. Collection 2000 in Deep/Dark just fell below the mark, but ran a bit too red for my liking ( I still reach for it sometimes though). But when Huda Beauty used this stuff the junkie inside me had to buy it. 

I wasn't sure about the shade range, the word range itself is a bit generous as there are only 2 shades! I went with Nude, and it is PERFECT. Like, this stuff blends like butter. The shade is perfect for the Kim K style triangle under eye highlight. Its yellowey and just beautiful. Some beauty bloggers hate the sponge applicator but I really love it. 

Whilst I wouldn't use this alone (I always use the Nars Creamy Concealer first) it is amazing, and is one of my everyday staple products.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Deep 35   £5.99





I am in two minds about this. Has the YouTube hype about this product influenced me to think its amazing when it really isn't? Its a tough one. 

Whilst I do think its very good for the price, I would NOT say this is a dupe for the Nars Creamy Concealer like many have claimed, anyone who tells you so does not love you or want the best for you. Sadly, to get quality products like Nars you have pay for quality products like Nars. 

It is a good concealer. It does the job. My only gripe with the product is the texture; it's just a little too watery for me. It's a very wet product as opposed to creamy, and I can never get away with not setting this. I have to use a translucent powder or Banana by Ben Nye to take away the wet, shiney look this concealer gives.

Being lazy, I don't reach for this as much as I do for the Nars because I don't always have the time to set it. It is however, a good product, especially for the price. Plus, you can almost always get it at Superdrug as part as some 3 for 2 promotion.

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NW35    £17.00


Another beauty blogger favourite. I used this on my Wedding Day and the results were pretty good. Although I am a NC42, using a NW based concealer gives the bonus of a corrector and a concealer in one, so use this trick next time! 

I don't think this compares with the Nars Concealer (its obvious how much I love that by now) but it is pretty damn good. It gives a heavy dose of coverage, which if your eye bags are anything like mine, you will need! You need to work this in with a small buffing brush, but once it sets, it sets. I guess the clue is in the name, and it lasts all day!

The only con I would say this concealer has is the pump on the bottle. It lets waaay too much product out :( what a waste!

LA Girl Pro Conceal in Warm Honey                  Prices Vary 


Unique applicator


As, like many others, I wanted to look for a cheaper alternative to the Mac Pro Longwear and to the pricey Nars Concealer, I found myself on the Absolute Kolor website with two of these in my basket! 

I'd never actually heard of the brand before, the closest thing I'd heard being LA Colour, which I'd seen in Beauty Base, Westfields White City. Decided to take the jump anyway.

THE COLOURS. Like seriously, how on Earth are you supposed to find a colour match online?! There aren't very many comparative swatches online either, so I struggled to find a good shade for my under eye. I settled for two colours, Warm Honey and Medium Beige. I figured if neither worked, I could mix them both. Alhamduillah, I picked the right shades. Warm Honey runs pretty similar to the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NW35, maybe just a little darker, but works great. I think these are really worth the price. The applicator is a soft brush which I really like, as I just swipe some on and blend with my fingers.



Swatches with flash- TOP TO BOTTOM - Nars in Caramel, Maybelline The Eraser in Nude, Maybelline Fit Me in 35, Mac Pro Longwear in NW35, LA Girl Pro Longwear in Warm Honey. Colours appear very dark as swatched on someone with Mac NW25 skin.

Swaches without flash


Hope this post helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.