Sunday 21 December 2014

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads: Review


I have been waiting to get through these pads before I actually give a review. Don't you hate when you read a review for something, and waste 3 minutes on your life reading absolute nonsense because the blogger has literally just walked in from Superdrug and is claiming that the product is good? Yeh well this isn't going to be one of those posts.




The Boring Stuff: 60 radiance-boosting pads, soaked in exfoliating glycolic acid retexture + resurface skin whilst witch hazel helps to tone. This moisturising formula with hyaluronic acid + soothing blue daisy helps to reveal brighter + smoother looking skin.   £12.99


I had been looking for a product made with Glycolic Acid because I had read on acne.org (only the greatest website ever) that it helped to clear acne scarring, so I decided to give these a try. Glycolic Acid is used for removing the outer layer of dead skin, bringing the fresh skin to the
 surface. This means its good for any scarring or discolouration, as well as helping to battle new spots. As always, I checked makeupalley (second greatest website ever) for reviews before I purchased, and found that these pads had pretty good ones. And then of course, Kylie Jenner said she uses them and hey if its good enough for her its good enough for me (joking lols).

On a serious note though, this stuff IS amazing. Don't go thinking that everything I review on this blof is good, I just happen to be buying pretty good stuff lately.

The Interesting Insight: The concept is simple, you just use a pad after you've cleansed your face.I was sceptical at first because as a general rule, I hate anything impregnanted with juicy stuff. Makeup wipes, baby wipes, those lemon wipes you get in Chicken Cottage, I hate them all! But this was different, the pads seemed to have kept their juicyness inside the pot which was pretty impressive. That said, I didn't feel much of the exfoliation from the texturised side, but it hardly matters because the acid inside the pad works a treat. Honestly, your skin feels renewed after a few days of using them, which makes applying foundation a dream! Before using these pads, I had dry-ish, lifeless skin due to a bout of Accutane. Facial scrubs weren't giving me enough, I needed something to slough off the layers of dead skin I had accumulated. Since I have been using these for over 3 weeks, my skin is has become crazy smooth, and not to mention CLEAR. This stuff really helps to fight blackheads, and general spotty horribleness. 



Just to prove it, I used a nose pore strip before I started using the pads, and as expected, a few blackheads came out. Thats normal. But after a week or so of using this stuff, nothing came off the nose pore strips. Nadaaaa. I don't how the Glycolic Acid does it exactly, but somehow it dissolves the blackheads and they just cease to exist. 

These are also good for removing any makeup that may have evaded your cleanser, and face wash (naughty naughty if you don't cleanse and wash your face post makeup!).

I can't really say anything else about the pads except that. Paired with the Vitamin E oil mentioned in the previous post, they work amazing. You can get it at Boots, or Superdrug. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.