Wednesday 10 December 2014

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser and Skin Oil

Since coming off Accutane, I have been looking for products that cater to my newly dry skin. The problem was, I was on a budget. Thats where Superdrug's Vitamin E range comes in! This range of fantastic products really has changed the way I view drugstore own brands, proving that you don't always need to pay more for good skincare.



My husband also suffers from dry skin, so I was looking for products that he wouldn't mind sharing with me (think no fruity fragrances and simple to use). The Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Oil was the first of this range to creep onto our toiletry table. Do not be deceived by the size of the bottle as the oil is pretty powerful stuff, two or three drops is enough to cover your whole face. I mean, the bottle doesn't really say where or how you should use this products, so go crazy. I simply massage onto my face after cleansing at night for best results. The oil is non greasy, and absorbs into your skin fast.
Little bottle of happy skin
As a recovering Acne sufferer, the thought of applying any sort of pure oil onto my face sent me into panic mode. Although friends had assured me Vitamin E oil was good for acne scarring, I had long put off rubbing globs of pure oil on my skin. After all, hadn't I spent years searching for oil-free moisturisers and makeup?! Surely this oil would make me break out just as much as horrible oily foundations had in the past. It didn't. Since using this oil, I have not suffered from one spot. In fact, since I started using this stuff, all I have had is seriously great skin, praise the Lord. My skin is remarkably softer, and smoother, so much so that even my husband complimented me! He likes this stuff too. My whole family does, my mother in law actually sent me out to buy her a bottle after I used it on her and she woke up with softer skin. We are all pretty much converted to this magical oil.

I don't know what makes this oil so good, but try it yourself, and if you don't share the same great results I have, I'll be shocked. Whilst it isn't the purest Vitamin E Skin Oil out there, for a price of £2.99, you can't beat it.

After falling in love with the Skin Oil, Mimi and I decided to try the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. For years now I have been lusting after the Liz Earle  and Eve Lom Cleansers but could never justify spending that much on skincare. Not that I don't splurge, because I use Nars and Dior foundations. It was more a case of, I'm spending so much on makeup that my skincare has to be purse friendly. And I am really glad I didn't splurge on those expensive cleansers because the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser at £4.99 is really good!



The ingredients of this product are very similar to it's high end counterparts so it is no wonder it works a dream. It comes with a muslin cloth, that does the job but isn't the greatest quality. My husband uses this whilst I opt to use the cleanser with either my Konjac sponge or the Braun Electrical Face Brush thingy. With either I get great results. I don't even remove my makeup before hand, I just rub the cleanser over my face and work into my skin. Then I take either the sponge and face brush and further work it in. Everything melts off, mascara, foundation, lipstick. And the way my skin feels after! It's incredible. I never thought I would get such results using a drugstore product. So pleased!

Even if you don't have dry skin, I would recommend you try these out. I don't think you'll be disappointed, Mimi does not have dry skin but loves both.

Next I think I am going to try the Vitamin E Radiance Cream which is meant to be a dupe for Mac's Strobe Cream. If these products are anything to go by, I'm sure it will be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.