Wednesday 4 March 2015

Ogx Hair Oils: Review

Ogx Hair Oils: Review

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged...but I promise to be more up to date!

Thinning hair. Dry hair. Hair that breaks when you brush it. All the above? *raises hands*.

Due to some awesome African genes, I have naturally dry, coarse hair.  Dry hair, plus wearing a hijab for endless hours a day, alhamdulillah, has left me with thinning hair. About a year ago, a decided to take action. That's where hair oil came in...

As much as I know and believe that oiling your hair makes a difference, I just didn't have the time. My granny, bless her, has always tried to encourage me to oil my hair with coconut oil, and good old Amla oil. Whilst both do provide results, the effort of oiling my hair was just too much for me to handle. I hated how the oil would seep onto my pillows, and once, in Chemistry, when the guy next to  me asked "Whats that smell?" I had to wash my hair with shampoo three times to get it out. Safe to say, I was done with the traditional Pakistani method. 

So, I decided to try something new. I saw these in Boots once day, and I haven't looked back since! I've really noticed a difference since using these and my hair feels a lot thicker and shinier. What I love most about these oils is how weightless they are. They don't weigh your hair down like traditional oils, but still deliver results. 

After washing my hair, I apply a few pumps of oil, concentrating on the tips of my hair so I don't get greasy roots (yuck!). I use the Biotin oil, as well as either the Shea Butter oil, or the Coconut Oil. After working it through my tips I blow dry the oil into my hair. I don't know if its just my amateur impression but it blow drying my hair with the oil in seems to add to the luxurious feel. Its almost like a hot oil treatment only quicker and easier.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about these hair oils. My hair is thicker, stronger and a lot healthier than before.

You can find these OGX Hair oils at Boots and Superdrug.    

Nahlabee xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.