Monday 23 March 2015

Accutane part 3? Yeah I think its that time

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all well!

I thought its about time for another accutane update? Last time I posted about my accutane experience was a little over a month ago and I went from 40mg, to 60mg, and now I am on 80mg!!!




Okay so I feel like I need to show you my face currently so you can understand my pain.

These are my cheeks...

They are super spotty and sore, itchy and getting on my nerves. They actually make me want to cry. I hate leaving the house because I honestly feel like people will just see me and think I am diseased. I guess I am :'(

So yeah I'm 2 months and a week into Accutane, and so far all I see are spots spots spots. And they are actually driving me crazy, when I say they are sore, I'm not kidding I feel like my spots have gotten worse than ever, like I've had spots for about 4/5 years now constantly never left for a day, but I have never had this many spots? And even if I had this many, they were never this sore, these are actually painful and the skin is so dry that I just want to itch it all day long.

But every-time I touch my face, I get told off by Nahlabee. I know it makes it worse but its become a habit of mine, I touch my face without noticing.

I think it was how I used to check for new spots? and now it's just something I always do.

Anyway other than my super sore horrible spots, lets talk about other side effects...

So far I haven't had any or much headache, I get the few headaches here and there if I haven't had much water but that is expected.

Okay well the next thing is my eyes, they're so watery, all day long drip drip drip water down my face. I thought dry eyes meant they wouldn't water? but that clearly isn't the case, lately I've tried using hayfever eye drops which have helped a little, because the moisturising eye drops didn't seem to do much. So maybe it is hayfever? I don't even know anymore.

My nose, yet it doesn't actually bleed,  like a nose bleed, but it constantly has blood inside. Never have I ever wiped my nose and it was free from blood since being on accutane, and sometimes (sorry this is nasty) the boogers are so hard and bloody that they're actually really painful.

My lips, are constantly dry and peeling off, no matter how much I moisturise them, its never enough right now the edges are very rough and burn every time I open my mouth. Very horrible!!!!! Wearing lipstick isn't even an option.

What else could I mention, my scalp is super dry and flaky, and my head is the oilest part of my whole body. I don't really have oily skin, but my hair would get greasy the next day after a wash, so I used to wash my hair every other day if not everyday if I actually wanted to look nice. But my hair can go 3/4 days now without being greasy which is great, except for the fact that my scalp is actually dry and flaky!!!

I have patchy dry skin all over my body, especially my shoulders and my arms. I had a little rash on my hands but with extra moisturising it cleared up.

My face is very dry, no matter how much I moisturise its never enough, wearing make up is very hard and takes a long time trying to blend in the foundation to make it look like I'm not diseased and have weird patchy dryness on my face, or un-blended foundation because apparently dry skin means the foundation just doesn't want to be on your face? And the bumps on my face are just impossible to cover as it is, takes me ages of dabbing of foundation buildup to cover them out. It's actually really hard!

And I think I have saved the best till last, achy bones? Yeah in my last post I said I hadn't felt it yet. Well now I have! My knees and my ankles are the worst. Walking is painful. Even sitting hurts sometimes. Getting up from sitting down = pain. Walking down stairs? yeah takes me a long time. But the weird thing is I feel that exercising helps? I don't feel achy during exercising which I find weird, but after wards its not that much more achy. But the aches are defiantly here, I thought it was bearable aches that wouldn't really affect me, but they are quite bad :(

So to sum up how I feel about accutane right now, all I've seen is the bad side of accutane, all the symptoms but my spots haven't cleared up? I know Nahlabee said how much she loved accutane and what it did for her skin, I'm still waiting to find that love.

Alright my sweetpeas,until next time

Lots of love

Mimi xx

2 comments:

  1. Keep holding on it takes a long time to kick in, mine started getting better after 3 months and the breakouts in those 3 months were horrible.. Youll start seeing such a big difference soon and it will be the best thing youve ever done... I recommend aquaphor lip balm off ebay or amazon its the best thing and only thing that helped my lips and my biggest advice is to alwaaaaaays take your medicine after youve eaten so you have a full stomach when taking it Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, I will keep going strong and hopefully the next update will be a good one!

    Really appreciated your comment <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated.