Tuesday 24 March 2015

Mixing it up; lip creams

In the eternal struggle for the perfect nude lip, I have purchased countless lipsticks, lipliners and creams, both high end and drugstore.

One that I had to share with you all was the Collection Work The Colour (as they are now called) "Cream Puffs". God, these are such an underrated product! Much like the NYX Matte Lip Creams, these are four creamy, buildable lip colours that you can find in Superdrug and Boots. They stay on ages too! At £2.99 each, I'm not complaining...



B-T Powder Puff and Angel Delight

I LOVE mixing these; and to achieve the perfect nude lips I use Powder Puff and Angel Delight . Together they make the most beautiful browny nude it makes me want to cry. Sometimes I'll add a little of Cotton Candy to add a hint of pink. Or I'll add Angel Delight and Cotton Candy for a dark pink nude. Or Powder Puff instead of Angel Delight. Confused? Same. Basically, mixing these creams creates endless lip colours, when you all need to buy two or three products. Fairy Cake, the fourth colour is a strong coral that I don't reach for much, but is nice when mixed with Powder Puff.

You do need to apply a balm, or even better a lip primer, before you use these as they aren't the most forgiving when it comes to chapped lips. I won't knock off points for that though because with ANY lip product you should exfoliate and moisturise before using.

(not my image) L-R Cotton Candy, Powder Puff, Fairy Cake and Angel Delight

Nahlabee xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.