Sunday 19 April 2015

Holy Grail Foundation

Every makeup blog need this post right? So here's my Holy Grail foundation post!

I'm a base junkie, and I expect a lot from my foundation. Given that I had pretty bad acne/scarring and only wear foundation on the odd occasion, I love a full coverage that stays in place on my oily skin. There is only ONE foundation that I have found delivers on every front, and no matter how hard I try to give other foundations a chance, this will always be the one that I come back too!

Ready for it?

MAC Studio Sculpt. Thats right. It's 2015 and someone has something positive to say about a MAC foundation! Just hear me out...

Its not like I didn't try anything else. I gave NARS Sheer Matte a go. Liked it, but couldn't find a perfect colour match (Syracuse is ever so slightly too dark), and it didn't have a great staying power. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 6.5 was a wonderful colour match, but I couldn't justify the price for a foundation. Hated Loreal True Match in W7, and EX1 in the shade f300 was good, but just not high enough coverage. Dior Forever in 040 was too dark, 031 was too light. So I went back to my good old studio sculpt...

I don't care what anyone says, I love the MAC colour range. I am always an NC42, and I love the yellow undertone of this foundation. And the coverage?! GIRL DONT GET ME STARTED. I have clear, smooth skin now (alhamdulillah!) but even when I didn't, a layer of this had me receiving good skin compliments. You can even get away without concealing blemishes individually.  Unlike most other foundations, Studio Sculpt has a thick, gel like consistency which I assume contributes to its awesome staying power. Thats another thing - it genuinely stays on your skin. My skin drinks foundation and becomes an oily mess 2 hours after I've washed it, but this stuff fares pretty well. I love the texture, the colour, and even though it is heavy coverage you can most certainly sheer it down. All you need is a nice, dense buffing brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is perfect for this) and you're good to go!

Try this. You won't be disappointed.

Nahlabee xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.