Tuesday 24 March 2015

Makeup Revolution Blush Sticks: Review

Makeup Revolution kind of just popped out of nowhere, didn't it? Priding themselves as a company who make good quality products, but don't cost the earth, there was a MUA (another budget beauty brand) feel to the brand, but that certainly wasn't true!

Browsing the website, you can tell these products are for makeup lovers and are not cheap drugstore lip glosses and glitters (shout out Miss Sporty). There are a lot of interesting products like eye brow gels and blush palettes, but the one product that immediately took my attention were the Blush Sticks.


(not my image)

When I saw them I was instantly reminded of the Nars Multiples, and the Artist of Makeup (by Zukreat) Contour Sticks. I haven't ever tried the Nars Multiples but I did own an AOM contour stick. Sadly, it was a too dark for my skin and I only used it once (on my wedding day, risky I know). So I was on the hunt for something to replace it.

 I chose the shade Matte Malibu as it was the only brown shade, and Matte Rush to use as a highlight. There are "matte" versions of all four of the colours, as well as more sheer versions. At £5 each, I was expecting good sturdy packaging and a relatively good product. Packaging was good - usual thing. The texture of the product is extremely impressive, its very creamy and bendable, and has pretty good colour pay off. 

I don't love Matte Malibu; I like it but don't love it, as it runs a little too orangey for my liking.  I know it isn't intended to be a contour shade, so I can't really can't complain. That being said, it is SUPER pigmented, and you certainly can get away with it. Use a light hand and go over with a grey/brown powder such as Benefit's Hoola. Given that I am an NC42, it works pretty well. There's so much product that I doubt I'll ever need to repurchase again.

Makeup Revolution's Matte Malibu Blush Stick applied with one stroke (right) and built up (left)


Matte Rush isn't anything to right home about. Its okay. Not bad, not great either. As it is pretty light in colour, it doesn't show up well on my NC42 skin, so I have switched it on Mimi's NW25 skin instead. It's easy to cake this on, so you have to be careful otherwise you'll defeat the whole dewy ness. Incidentally, whilst they didn't deliver on this product  Makeup Revolution hit the ball out of the park with their Radiant Light powders, which I would strongly recommend! (review coming soon).
Makeup Revolution's Matte Rush Blush Stick, applied one stroke (right), and built up (left). Swatched on NW25 skin,
All in all, an interesting product. I prefer cream contours, and whilst I didn't really get on with Matte Rush, Matte Malibu is a nice contouring product! Though the brand in sold in Superdrug, they only stock these online.


Thats all for now folks!

Nahlabee xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.