Friday 13 February 2015

Accutane part 2

Hi everyone! 

Well we've all read Nahlabee's accutane post, and how much she loved the stuff. 

Well I (Mimi) am going through this journey of discovery with accutane and I thought I'd share my experience as I go along and what side effects I'm currently facing. 

So I've completed 3 weeks of accutane, started my 4th week today. Currently I am on 40mg a day (what I started with). But I got a letter from my doctor saying I will be moving up to 60mg for a month, then 80mg for a few months till I'm free from this acne! 

So for the first week or so, I felt like accutane wasn't doing anything as I was expecting to be so dry, to have cracked lips, achey bones etc, so when I wasn't getting much symptoms I kept thinking it wasn't working. Boy was I wrong! 

So week 2 started and I started getting dry lips, I thought if I got on top of it with constantly applying lip balms it would help? I guess I was wrong...

 Nahlabee obviously warned me about the side effects but you know, I thought maybe I'd be different? I don't know why I thought this! It was a Silly thought!  

So my skin... By the second week I felt like my skin was so much worse than when I started? And for someone who suffers from acne, and has been for a few years now you'd know how upsetting it is. But Nahlabee being the supportive sister assured me it would get better, so I had to stay strong. 

So currently in my 4th week, and I do have some old spots that I feel have been here for a while, which is super annoying, and to make it worse the skin around the spot is dry? I guess that's a good thing? But for someone who loves to wear make up its not a good thing, because no matter how much I moisturise, the dryness doesn't go. I mean I never really expected my actual facial skin to peel off from dryness? I never witnessed Nahlabee's actual skin being like this, but I see her now and I envy her clear skin. So I'm looking forward to the end result. 

So along side the dry lips and dry skin, my eyes are fairly dry, and seem to be more sensitive to light. If I'm in a room with bright lights for a long time, they become very sore, which also results in a headache. Not fun at all when you have to be around bright lights. One of my eyes actually was so irritated by the bright lights that it was red and watering for 2 days! 

So the next side effect is a bit of a gross one, I've had bloody boogers, and when I try to clean my nose it's always a bit bloody. But that's also something the doctor warned me of. So putting Vaseline up my nose is the only way to prevent this. Not the best feeling in the world if I must say so! 

Headache... It's true if you don't drink plenty and plenty of water you get a headache, sometimes I actually feel super thirsty when I have a headache which reminds me to drink water, so at least I get a reminder! It's a defiantly a must. But the annoying part of drinking lots of water is the constantly needed to go to the toilet! 

So for the achey bones, I haven't been too achey yet even after exercise, which I was told would be very hard to do! I mean I got a bit of back pain here and there but that could be caused by anything really. I just hope it doesn't become achey when they up my dose 😭! 

But yeah that's my experience so far, I think my dose is being upped on Monday so I shall keep you updated if any new side effects arise (which I really hope they don't!) 

Talk to you soon, 

Love Mimi xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.