Wednesday 21 January 2015

Braun Face Epilator

Asalamu 3alykom everyone!



So this blog is about the braun face epilator and cleansing brush! 

Before I actually tell you what I think about the Braun Epilator, I want to talk about epilating the face in general. 

Okay so being an arab-girl, I am very white (I wasn't lucky enough to have beautiful golden skin, I got pale white skin) and being white with dark hair, it just shows so much. Ever since I can remember I have always hateddddd being so hairy, and I have always tried to find ways of minimising the hair to look like an actual human. 

So I have tried everything from waxing, to threading to my preferred method of bleaching my facial hair. 
 
When I was younger my mum wouldn't allow me to remove my facial hair as she always told me it would get worse, so bleaching was my best friend. 

I used to regularly bleach it, until one day I got older and thought hey why don't I try to wax it, I'm sure it would so much better. I started off with waxing my side burns only. Big mistake, every tried to wax a portion of your face and then apply make up?...Yeah don't you will look like an actual weirdo, because waxing removed the dead skin too, so I guess that portion became whiter? I don't know all I know it was a big mistake, so I thought hey instead of doing only my side-burns i'll just do my whole face? that sounds like a good idea right? Wrong again! Waxing broke me out so badly I was just one big spot. Worst thing ever. 

I decided mama is always right, and decided to stick to bleaching my facial hair. 

Threading is always an option, but I suffer enough pain with threading my eyebrows and upper lip that I couldn't imagine ever doing my side-burns with it too. I could possibly pass out from the pain! 

So one day I stumbled across a video of Huda Beauty where she reviewed this Braun epilator and cleansing brush and I thought oh my goodness I need this. 

I went out and bought it, because I thought bleaching my side-burns makes the hair grow longer and I could sometimes see it when I put make up on and I really do hate it, which is why I decided to give it a go, of course mama told me it was a bad idea, but did I listen?... of course not!


So we finally come to the actual product sorry to bore you with my facial hair problems. 

The Braun epilator, is a beautiful little machine, its very small, and so easy to use! 



So here's what i looks like, the epilator and the cleansing brush. 

Firstly I felt like the epilator didn't do a great job removing the hair, even when I used it on my upper lip it didn't remove the hair fully I felt like the hair was being cut slightly, but that could have been my fault!

I used it on my side-burns and forehead and it gave me a little break out which I wasn't very happy about. But the plus side was not having any hair did feel beautiful and I felt it made a difference when applying makeup! But the sad truth is my dark hair shows when it grows, so even at the very beginning of growth I was able to notice the hair so I didn't get to enjoy the hair free feeling for too long. I guess that's more of a problem to do with me than the product itself? But the epilator I felt drained the battery way too quickly? so when I first came to use the cleanser it was very weak and I didn't feel like it did anything? 

I changed the battery and used the face cleanser again, and it was a bit stronger but still not what I was expecting. I mean I do like it, of course its more than just cleansing with your hands but I didn't feel like it was an amazing product. 

All in all, If I had the choice again I probably wouldn't buy this product, but now that I have bought it, I use it to maintain my upper lip, and use the cleanser just for extra cleansing. 

Also the price is a bit steep for something that isn't amazing, I wouldn't recommend buying this if you are looking for something to remove a fairly large area of hair, but for touching up small bits like upper lip its quite useful I guess? 

I guess I will stick to bleaching until I find the next thing to try? 

anyway that's enough about my horrible facial hair problems... 

Take care my lovely Internet friends, 

Mimi xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.